What You Need to Know: Financial Services Careers
The financial services industry is dynamic and fast-paced with high-growth potential. Internal finance functions are integral to every business, enabling young professionals to make a meaningful impact on their organization. Some key facts for consideration:
- Common College Majors: business, finance, accounting, economics, and more
- Industry Specializations: Sales & Trading, Investment Banking, Equity Research, Asset Management, Private Equity and Alternative Finance
- Common Entry-Level Roles: Investment Analyst, Sales & Trading Analyst, Risk Management Analyst, Corporate Banking Analyst, Internal Sales Account Analyst
- Key Industry Skills: quantitative and analytical skills, strong interpersonal communication, a deep understanding the current industry landscape
How MLT Can Launch Your Career
Within Career Prep, MLT provides dedicated programming for Fellows interested in financial services, including:
- Career Clarity exercises to determine which companies and functions would be a good fit for your career path.
- Training for quantitative business case studies often used in financial services interviews.
- Access to recruiters from the top financial services employers across the country.
A Few Of Our Partners
The Career Prep applications is now closed! Get notified when the next application opens:
"MLT has continued to help me build the unshakable professional foundation that I have been striving for, supporting my career on Wall Street and in the world of high finance. As I continue to rise through the ranks, build my credentials and solidify my foundation, financial positioning will continue to no longer be a concern for myself or my loved ones."
Derek Oliver Investment Banking Associate, Goldman Sachs & Co.
"Career Prep has allowed me to better understand myself and discover a multitude of knowledge around me from my peers and MLT partners. MLT has given me the opportunity to grow and...I really enjoy having such a personalized experience with my peers and coaches. Thank you, MLT!"
Lissa Alvarez Sales and Trading Full-Time Analyst, Citi