Career Prep Consulting Track
What You Need to Know:
Consulting roles are available across a wide variety of industries and functions. At its core, consulting is about leveraging data and insights to transform and innovate within organizations.
Learn how participating in the Consulting track of MLT's Career Prep program can help you break into this exciting industry. Some key facts for consideration:
- Common College Majors: Can have a variety of majors; strong quantitative skills key as the work is often analytically rigorous
- Types of Consulting: Includes management consulting, industry-based consulting, human capital consulting, financial advisory services, and internal consulting
- Key Industry Skills: Requires skillsets including problem-solving, data analysis, presentation delivery, creative thinking, and the ability to think conceptually and practically
How MLT Can Launch Your Consulting Career
Within Career Prep, MLT provides dedicated programming for Fellows interested in consulting, including:
- Training for case studies, which are often used in consulting interviews
- Access to recruiters at top consulting firms
- Career clarity exercises to determine which firms and functions within consulting are a good fit for your career path
A Few of Our Consulting Firm Partners
Subscribe for More Info About Career Prep's Consulting Track!
Sign up and we will notify you when the next Career Prep application opens and share how MLT can help you break into the consulting industry.
Meet Some of Our Consulting Track Career Prep Fellows
" MLT was perfect for filling the gaps in knowledge about consulting leftover from school. There's no major for being a consultant, but MLT provided me the chance to build a network and learn the communication skills and problem-solving techniques necessary to have a successful interview. In the end, I was hired by one of the firms who partnered with Career Prep! To this day, the network I found in MLT challenges me to become a better consultant and I couldn't be happier. "
Malachia Foard Management Consultant, Accenture
" I had always heard with an engineering background, you can do anything, but sometimes in a sea of engineers, that idea seemed to fade. MLT was a great program to make that statement a reality. MLT was able to show me more of what I could do with my degree. The assignments, sessions, and activities did a great job of giving me knowledge about how to do more with my degree. The skills I've picked up are so tangible and I foresee them being applied to any position I work in, whether it be technical or not! "
Austin McNair MBA Candidate, Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management. Former Consultant, EY-Parthenon